January 9, 2017
Submit A Public Health Project for 2017 UVM Public Health Project Curriculum
Applications Available Now for UVM Public Health Projects
for Sept. - Dec. 2017
The Robert Larner, MD College of Medicine at the University of Vermont, in collaboration with United Way of Northwest Vermont, invites your organization to participate in the 2017 UVM Public Health Projects Curriculum by submitting a public health project.
The UVM Public Health Projects Curriculum has partnered with nonprofits in Chittenden County for well over a decade. College of Medicine students continue to make a significant impact on our community with their participation in public health projects at nonprofit agencies in Chittenden County. Nearly 200 projects have been completed, all with practical applications for improving people’s lives. Organizations involved in these projects uniformly commend the students for their work to promote a healthier community especially during these difficult economic times.
During each fall semester, UVM College of Medicine students tackle challenging public health issues that face our community. In the fall of 2016, student projects included a wide range of health topics, such as:
- Cancer Action Advocacy and Public Health (American Cancer Society of Vermont)
- Poetry as Medicine: A New Methodology in Memory Impairment (Converse Home)
- Nutrition Education in Vermont Schools: Assuring Best Practices (Hunger Free Vermont)
- Barriers to Treatment for Opioid Dependence in Vermont (UVM AHEC Program)
- Demonstrating Effectiveness of Vermont Syringe Exchange Programs (Vermont CARES)
- Newly Arriving Refugee Perceptions of Health and Healthcare (Vermont Dept. of Health)
- Care Coordination in Vermont Families: How Well is it Working? (Vermont Family Network)
This is your opportunity to participate in this unique program. Download the Public Health Project Request Form to submit a description of your organization’s project and background information. Because of the lead time required to match student groups with a project, we ask that you return the completed form to the United Way of Northwest Vermont no later than Wednesday, February 15, 2017.
If you would like further information or want to discuss a possible idea for a project, please contact Dr. Jan Carney at 656-8275 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Laurie Dana at 861-7832 or email: email@example.com.
Categories: News & Events Feed | Tags:
To truly make a change, we MUST work together. Now is the time to raise the bar and expect a better quality of life for our neighbors who struggle. If we all give the best way we can, we can make our community the best it can be. There’s a place for everyone at our table – join us and get involved in a way that’s meaningful for you.